Erin Moira O’Hara’s glimpse into the world of Kylie Griffin.
Kylie Griffin is the author of Vengeance Born, Alliance Forged & Allegiance Sworn.
Kylie Griffin’s obsession with all things paranormal/fantasy started at an early age, when she used to imagine the jacaranda tree in her front yard was a spaceship used to defend the world from invading enemies. Writing stories seemed a natural extension to her childhood adventures.
Today, she’s a primary school teacher sharing her love for the written word with young children. In her spare time, she writes and reads all things paranormal.
Kylie lives in a small rural village in outback New South Wales, Australia, where she volunteers in a number of emergency service organizations in her local community.
Hi, Kylie and welcome to the hot seat.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I’d love to learn how to use a variety of weapons ie. sword & dagger – I’ve read a lot about weapons and defense/attack techniques and have done a basic self-defense course, but reading about and actually using weapons on a regular basis are totally different things.
What meal do you excel at in the Kitchen?
I make a mean potato bake using potatoes, cream of chicken soup (tinned), onion & bacon, salt & pepper, cheese and a dash of milk. A hearty meal to have in the middle of winter. Yum!
What are five items you can’t live without? (I said items not cats. We all know they are at the very top of the list)
Well, yes, cats would be on the top of most lists – LOL – but seeing as you clarified, here’s my top 5:
1. Photos of my family & friends – I’d be devastated to loose those moments in in time.
2. My laptop – I had one pack it in several months ago and in the couple of weeks it took to replace it I felt like my arms had been cut off without my daily routine of writing (and…mumble, mumble…internet/email time…mumble,mumble…).
3. My library of books – can’t be without these and they’d be the first thing I’d try and save (other than my cats) if there was a housefire (if there was time).
4. My glasses – that’s the practical side in me coming out, I have trouble seeing clearly after about 3ft, everything is blurred. T-rex could be bearing down on me and all I’d see is a hulking object, so by the time he was close enough to discern I’d be a crunchy snack.
5. Tracky dacks & casual t-shirt – they’re just sooooo comfortable to wear and slouch about the house in.
If you could choose anyone as your mentor, who would it be? Continue reading